The Mousekewitz Family is a family of five mice, who are the central focus of the An American Tail series, particularly the middle child Fievel. They are very religious Jews, as shown in the beginning of An American Tail where they are celebrating Hanukkah. Originally, they lived in Shostka, Russia. When the cats destroyed their home, they moved to New York City, New York in the United States of America. A couple years later, they relocated to Green River, possibly in the state of Utah.
Fievel's hat is a Mousekewitz family heirloom that has been passed down through the generations.
- Papa Mousekewitz is the head of the household and the father of the family. He's also known as Bernard Mousekewitz. He's currently married to Mama Mousekewitz and he had two girls and one boy. He supports the family financially by making violins and working as a tailor, and in the third movie, by working at a cheese factory.
- Mama Mousekewitz is the secondary authority and the mother of the family. A housewife, her goal is to take care of her own children and get their stomachs full. She takes care of the youngest child, Yasha, most of the time. She's married to Bernard and she had three children of their own.
- Tanya Mousekewitz is the oldest child of the family. Since she is the elder of the family, she does more chores and also takes care of her younger sister. She often plays with her brother. In An American Tail: Fievel Goes West she wants to become a singer. In Treasure in Manhattan Island, she is so sassy and sarcastic and Mystery of the Night Monster, she had a job at the Daily Nibbler and had a crush on Reed Daily. She had a younger brother and her youngest sister.
- Fievel Mousekewitz is the middle child of the family, the only boy, and main protagonist of the series. Separated from his family during the immigration, he was washed overboard on the ship and ended up in a glass bottle. The family thought he was dead. He was washed ashore, taken care of by Henri, encountered and betrayed by Warren T. Rat and made friends with Tony Toponi, Bridget and non-mouse eater Tiger, and eventually reunited with his family. He received a Russian hat from his father. He has an older sister and a youngest sister.
- Yasha Mousekewitz is the baby of the family. She is taken care of by her mother all the time. Her relationship between her siblings is good, especially Fievel. We see more of her in Fievel's American Tails, where she reveals herself to be a rascal like her brother. She had an older sister and an older brother.
- An American Tail
- An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
- An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island
- An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster
- Fievel's American Tails
- They believe in Judaism, because in the first film, they celebrate Hanukkah. There are brief references to this in the sequels.
- Sophie Mousekewitz is Bernard's sister and Fievel's aunt, who only appears in an episode of Fievel's American Tails. She stayed in Russia while the family moved to America, and visits them in Green River years later.
|The Mousekewitz Family|
|Family Members||Papa Mousekewitz • Mama Mousekewitz • Tanya Mousekewitz • Fievel Mousekewitz • Yasha Mousekewitz • Sophie Mousekewitz •|