An American Tail
The Mott Street Maulers are only seen in An American Tail. Their gang is first seen when they savagely attack the local mouse market. Fievel Mousekewitz is nearly eaten alive by one of them, but he manages to escape the mouth of the cat he's in. They soon run off.
They are not seen again until very late in the movie at the Maulers' Hideout. Fievel, having heard violin music and believing that it was his father playing, slipped in without anyone noticing. Fievel soon finds that the player of the violin isn't his father, but Warren T. Rat! Even more shocking to Fievel, he finds Warren T. is no rat, but a cat in disguise! Warren T. soon discovers Fievel and, realizing his secret could be exposed, yells for the Maulers to "get me that mouse!". Though the Maulers themselves fail to capture him, Fievel is soon caught and thrown in the prison. Everyone except Tiger (who was left on guard duty) falls asleep; however, at the end of the song A Duo, Tiger and Fievel accidentally break a mirror, which sets off the alarm and wakes up every single Mauler.
They soon chase Fievel to Chelsea Pier, where the mice soon find out Warren T.'s secret. In an attempt to be rid of mice for good, Warren T. lights the Digitalus Museum ablaze. However, he (along with the rest of the Maulers) are scared away by the Mouse of Minsk made by the mice. The Maulers are sent flying off of the edge of the pier; subsequently, they end up thrown onto the anchor of a tramp steamer boat bound for Hong Kong. They are last seen being reassured by their boss that there are plenty of mice in Hong Kong.
The following is a list of the known members of the Mott Street Maulers.
- Warren T. Rat (leader)
- Digit (Warren T's cockroach accountant)
- Tiger (until rescuing Fievel)
- Jake (the only other named member, he's a very burly cat in a tight t-shirt and bowler hat, and was originally guarding Fievel before Tiger took over his shift)
- Several other unamed cats.
Trivia and Goofs
- They all wear bowler hats and have the letter M on their shirts.
- Jake was voiced by Dan Kuenster (one of the film's animators).
- One of their members looks just like Tiger, and is seen when the anchor on the Star of Hong Kong pulls them up out of the water. It may or may not be an actual goof.
- Several (if not all) of them are modeled off of the cat Cossacks/Cat-sacks from Russia.
|Villains of An American Tail|
|Villains||Warren T. Rat • Digit • Moe • The Bullying Orphans• Cat R. Waul • T.R. Chula • Sweet William • One Eye • Frenchy • Felonius • Mr. Toplofty • Mr. Grasping • Mr. O'Bloat • Chief McBrusque • Scuttlebutt • Madame Mousey • Twitch • Bootlick • Slug|
|Gangs||• The Cossack Cats • Mott Street Maulers • Cactus Cat Gang • The Outlaw Cats|
|An American Tail|
|Characters||Papa Mousekewitz • Mama Mousekewitz • Tanya Mousekewitz • Fievel Mousekewitz • Yasha Mousekewitz • Tiger • Henri • Tony Toponi • Bridget • Gussie Mausheimer • Honest John • Warren T. Rat • Digit • Mott Street Maulers • Moe • The Bullying Orphans|
|Locations||Shostka, Russia • Statue of Liberty • New York • Castle Garden • Moe's Sweatshop • Orphan Alley|
|Songs||There Are No Cats In America • Never Say Never • Somewhere Out There • A Duo|